This page has been imported from our previous wiki and is still in the process of being reviewed. It may be out of date or inaccurate.
Please contact Reception to make the booking for you. Email: Computing.Science@ncl.ac.uk or telephone 87972. Please book in advance to avoid being disappointed.
The equipment can be collected from Reception at the beginning of the loan period. Please return it promptly at the end of the loan in order not to inconvenience others.
Equipment available for loan includes:
- data projector (see note 1, below)
- digital camera
- digital video camera
- laptop/tablet PC (see note 2, below)
- a variety of international power and modem adaptors are also available for travel abroad.
If you require advice or assistance on selection and use of equipment, please raise a.
Note 1 (data projectors)
- Tower rooms 6.01, 6.02, 7.01, 9.22, 10.05 and Daysh 8.07 are fitted with permanently installed data projectors.
- Daysh rooms 8.05 and 8.07 have large flat panel displays.
- Devonshire Building room 1.20, and the ground floor meeting rooms there, have permanently installed large flat panel displays.
Note 2 (laptop/tablet PCs)
- log in first when connected to the campus network (using your campus id); only after doing this will you be able to log in when you are ''not'' connected to the campus network.
- after use, please delete any data you create or copy onto the laptop, to avoid inadvertently sharing this with other users
- if you will require administrator rights, please mention this at the time of booking
- if you install software or otherwise change the configuration of the machine, please let Reception know on return of the system, so that the system can be rebuilt to standard specification by the support team.